Please see attached notice issued by USCG. Fleet Week CGAN 2016-007
Wednesday, May 25, 2016
– 8:00 a.m. Stapleton Anchorage 23B, and Gravesend Anchorage are closed to
– 5:00 a.m. Last inbound tug/barge, or deep draft vessel, permitted to pass through
the Alpha buoy and enter Ambrose channel.
– 7:00 a.m. Last outbound tug/barge, or deep draft vessel, permitted to pass through
The Narrows (Verrazano Bridge) & out Ambrose Channel.
– 11:00 a.m. Inbound traffic permitted in Ambrose Channel.
– 11:00 a.m. Upper Bay open for transits of tug/barge and deep draft vessels.
(Coordinate exact timing of transits with VTS New York.)
Stapleton Anchorage 23B (immediately adjacent to Homeport
Pier) will remain closed until June 1, 2016.
3. Please note that all times listed above are approximate. The potential exists for unanticipated
delays due to ship movement and/or implementation of additional vessel controls with little or no
warning within the Port of NY/NJ from Wednesday, May 25 through Tuesday, May 31, 2016.
For the most up to date information on current restrictions please contact VTS New York at